Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole

I love Mexican food. I would probably eat it about every day if I thought I could get away with it. I tried this recipe out last week, and it was an instant hit: Aaron and I both LOVED it. It's packed full of nutrients and tastes just as good the next day for lunch as it did for dinner. Trust me, you love it!


















INGREDIENTS:

1 Jar Salsa Verde
2 Sweet Potatoes, diced
1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Small Call Green Chilies
1/2 Cup Diced Red Onion
1 Cup Corn
3 Tb. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
2 Cups Mexican Cheese
6 Corn Tortillas

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot of water, boil sweet potatoes until tender - about 10-15 minutes.

While potatoes are cooking combine black beans, green chilies, onion, corn, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin and mix well. When the sweet potatoes are done, mix into the rest of the ingredients.

Layer ingredients into a square baking dish - salsa verde, corn tortillas, bean/potato mix, cheese - repeat.

Bake for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.

 adapted from a recipe found on DAMN DELICIOUS