Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Spinach-Mango "Ice Cream"

I got a new toy for Christmas this year and am loving it! I got a Vitamix. One of my favorite foods, ice cream, can now be made uber healthy and I can eat it guilt free. Now, I'm not really eating ice cream, but it sure feels like it and that's good enough for me.

I made up this little concoction yesterday, so the picture isn't that great as it was just taken quickly with my phone - I couldn't wait to dig in! It was amazingly delicious. If you don't have a Vitamix, or other super powerful blender, no worries. Just add extra milk and make this baby into a smoothie instead of an "ice cream".










SPINACH-MANGO "ICE CREAM"

1 Frozen Banana
1 Cup Frozen Mango
1 Cup Fresh Spinach Leaves
1/2 Cup Milk of Choice (I use Almond Milk) - Use more if making a smoothie
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla

DIRECTIONS

Dump all ingredients in a blender and let that baby work it's magic. Adjust the amount of milk you are using based on how thick you want your smoothie to be and what your blender can handle. And don't worry, if you're not a huge spinach lover, you can't really notice the spinach taste. It's a win-win.

Enjoy!