Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Rice Pudding Breakfast

I love rice. Growing up, one of my favorite breakfasts was a big bowl of rice smothered in cinnamon and sugar and doused in milk. Mmmmmm. That sounds like comfort to me. I got a rice maker for my birthday and I am in heaven! It makes my life so much easier and making rice is a breeze. This is an awesome little recipe that uses up some of that leftover rice sitting your fridge. It takes me back to being a kid.







Ingredients:

2 cups cold, cooked brown rice
2 egg whites
1 cup milk
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. powdered Stevia

Directions:

In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients, using a fork to break up any rice clumps. Lightly spray a skillet with non-stick spray and pour rice contents in. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and creamy - about 10 minutes.